Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"I"

The following poem was inspired after I read Ayn Rand's "Anthem" - highly recommended reading!It's still a work in progress, I just felt like posting what I already had.

Have you discovered your "I"
The part that must not die
Powered by the beat of your heart
From which all gets its start
The point of your existence
Found on the path of most resistance
Much easier to fold to the will of others
Under the guise of being 'brothers'
Taught the highest is the common good
Following rules as you should
Sticking to the beaten path
Suffering the silent wrath
And the demands of your self
That has long been on a shelf
Causing a sense of unease
That you can't/ don't/ won't do as you please
To develop your full potential
Worth more than paper credentials
The embodiment of all you stand for

No comments:

Post a Comment